Oh, The Difference a Week Makes
Things I can do this Saturday that I could not do last Saturday, the day we were discharged from the hospital:
- Ride in a car on pothole-infested Philly streets without crying.
- Distinguish my ankles and the tendons in my feet (and, it follows, fit into my shoes).
- Get on and off the toilet without assistance.
- Climb stairs one leg per step without relying heavily on the handrail to pull myself up.
- Get up from my chair while holding the baby (well, most of the time).
- Get into bed by myself.
- Get out of bed by myself (most of the time).
- Fit into my H&M maternity courdoroy pants with the adjustable waist (they're even loose now, and the waist is being adjusted inward on a daily basis).
- Walk—albeit very, very slowly—to Whole Foods and back.
Posted by Lori in parenthood at 11:06 AM on December 11, 2004