- Our babysitter (whom the Beaner and I really, really like) was on vacation.
- Our Mac Mini had a serious hard drive error that prevented it from starting up, that required a three-hour visit to the Apple store just to get most of the data backed up, and that required a complete reformat of the hard drive. Luckily, almost all of the photos I've taken over the past 8 months were salvaged, as was all the iTunes music. We'll be backing up more regularly now, of course.
- The Beaner fell out of our bed when a midday phone call from a fucking telemarketer woke him from a nap. He has a bruise on his elbow and his hand, but otherwise he's fine.
- We are trying to establish a new nap routine (Pack 'n Play or crib only, not our bed), and the angst involved is really wearing me (and the Beaner, I imagine) down.
- The Beaner has screamed so loudly and piercingly that my ears have shut down several times. It's like going momentarily deaf.
- I had a migraine.
- We ran out of Advil. (Not that it really helps anyway.)
- I won the over/under. At today's 8-month doctor visit, Austen was 22 lbs., 7 oz.
Posted by Lori in me, me, me
at 12:36 PM on July 29, 2005